Thursday, December 4, 2014

Class Reflection

This class has broadened my view on the Sports Culture that we have in America by the analyzing and depicting the all aspects of Sport. Before this class I viewed sports at a very face-value level. I never thought to question why sports are what they are... they just are! But through this class I have learned to interrogate the lessons and ideals that are presented to Americans through sports and how it overlaps into other aspects of culture. I've learned that Sport is not easy to separate from here in America and that that is a very direct outcome of the intentions of the people involved in the higher levels of sports, especially the Big Four. I would highly recommend this class my friends because I think it gives a unique perspective of the analytical process. As an English major I've only been asked to analyze text and this was a great new experience.

1 comment:

  1. Deadline: 1/1
    Comment: 1/1
    Quality: 1/3
    Total: 3/5

    Looking for a little bit more with this reflection. Which topics interested you most? What messages/values would you take away from it?
    ~Brittainy

    ReplyDelete